These are tasty and taste more cherry like the next day...
This brownie has dried tart cherries in the mix. This is yummy good, if you like cherries in your brownies.
Here's what you will need:
1 cup dried tart cherries coarsely chopped
1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter
4 squares ( 1 oz. each) unsweetened baking chocolate
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15 X 10 X 1-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick foil.
- Combine the chopped cherries and 1 cup of hot water in a bowl. Soak for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and whisk to slightly blend. Microwave another minute and whisk again. 20 seconds more if needed. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Switch to a spatula and add in the flour, vanilla and salt. Drain softened cherries and stir in to the batter along with 3/4 cup of the mini chips. Spread into foil lined pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of the mini chips.
- Bake brownies at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares.